Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Day 1_The Nature of Desire

I always look forward to Deepak and Oprah's 21 Day Meditation Challenges.  Sharing them with all my friends keeps me on track with the process, so, I decided to write this blog and journal my insights on each day's meditation.

Day 1 started yesterday but it's not too late to get on board.  Just click here, to begin listening.  Each day's web stream will be available for 5 days; then they automatically drop off, leaving the current day's and upcoming sessions available.

I like to listen every morning before starting my day, and then again, in the evening when I am winding down.

Here are some insights from the first's day's meditation.

My hopes and desires for this meditation challenge are to be accepting of my age; to welcome my 62 years of existence on this planet and embrace the beauty, grace, and wisdom of my body.  That way, my spirit can be free to soar.

The nature of my desire expresses itself throughout my day.  First, by compelling me to sit and meditate in the early morning.  Then, my body demands that I evacuate my system, flushing all that which no longer serves me and creating space for more fulfillment.  Just as my body functions in this manner, I am finding that as I age, my mind too is beginning to purge daily responsibilities which no longer serve me.

I can visualize my upcoming day and let go of "stuff"; possessions, obligations, hardcore exercise, and even some relationships.  I can detach my thinking from the material to the Universal plane, from getting to giving, and I can share my energy with softer, kinder people.

I am a people pleaser.  I want you to like me so much that I put my needs aside just to make sure you get yours met.  I even feel anxious and upset if things don't work out well for you!  However, deep down inside, that urge to help is really a deep-seated need to be recognized and loved.  Which means... I don't believe I AM loved!  I need to change that M.O. and begin to take care of and love myself first.  I am responsible for me, you are responsible for you.

I hope this meditation will help me manifest my desire for getting my needs met first.  Additionally, I am hoping to learn how best to release the burden of so much responsibility.  I'm not getting any younger, the timeline for this life is growing shorter and I want to fulfill my dreams while I can.  The best way for me to succeed on this journey is to make my health; body, mind, and soul, a priority in life.

If I eat right, continue with moderate exercise, meditate, and surround myself with genuinely healthy individuals, I may be able to live until I'm 100 years of age.  That gives me plenty of time to make ALL my dreams come true.

Love, peace, namaste.
Clarita

Listen and experience the meditations...

What did you get out of the meditation?  Comment below...


No comments:

Post a Comment