Friday, July 27, 2018

Day 4_Effortless Creation

Day 4 Today's meditation is about surrendering; releasing our desires to the Universe and moving on.

When I was a little girl, I remember desperately pleading for that horse I spoke about in my last blog.  I didn't know anything about detachment when I was a child, I just wanted my wish to come true.   I couldn't understand why my request seemed so unreasonable.  My Dad actually got angry when I kept asking, exclaiming, "That's enough about the horse!  Where do you think we're going to keep it, in the middle of our living room?"  However, what I heard him say was, "It's impossible to realize your dream."  So, I stopped wishing.

We had newly immigrated from Cuba, it was the early 60's, we lived in the heart of Miami and my parents were on a limited budget.  Those circumstances never factored into my imagination.  I was a child, all I knew was; I wanted a horse.  It was an innocent desire that oozed out of my heart and soul.  I didn't have the ability to reason how I was going to get one, no thought of  "action" steps or how to go about the business of getting what I wanted.  I let go of that wish many years ago.

I believe there's a difference between a wish and a desire.  A wish comes and goes, but a desire lives in the depths of the soul.  Although it may lay dormant for a time, it will always rise again like the phoenix from the ashes.

I now have my properties in Costa Rica, beautiful, sprawling lands, wide open for a horse to roam freely.  Once again, that dream is alive and can now be fulfilled.  Although my external circumstances as a little girl squelched that wish, my true self held the space for the desire.  Now, all I have to do is take the necessary steps to get one and care for it.

There have been many examples in my life where letting go of a desire and detaching from the outcome later manifested into realizing the dream.  A clear example of that was when I was dancing professionally.  I would go on several auditions hoping for work and, after the tryouts, I would fret about my performances.  I would leave wondering what I could have done differently to somehow clinch the job.  Later, I would hang around the phone, for days, waiting for a "callback" only to feel disappointed when it didn't come.  However, the times when I went in, put my best self forth, left without any expectations of the results, undoubtedly, I would get a callback and, most of those times, I would land the job.

Life has constantly demonstrated to me that when I gracefully surrender my efforts to the Universe, it brings me what I desire, at the right time and, in the best way.  I heard a saying the other day, God has only three responses to our prayers, "no, not now, and, I have a better idea."  If I could only remember that our brilliant Universe is carrying me through life, lovingly and caringly.  If I could keep that thought in the foreground of my daily living, I could relieve myself of many stressful situations.

Surrender, don't fight with life, just go with it and see how much easier it becomes.  All your dreams can come true.

Right?  Do you agree?
Love, Peace, Namaste,

Listen, experience and,
share your thoughts below.

2 comments: