Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Day 2_The Spirit of Desire

Day 2 
I would be lost without the spirit of desire.  I'm blessed to have realized my passion for dance at a very young age and to have created a life propelled by that gift.  Dance is the driving force that allows me to see Life as Art.

I cannot imagine a life without movement.  It would be as if everything was stagnant and festering in the muck of destruction.  Lately, I have noticed, especially in this current environment of social instability with its increasing numbers of homeless people, the ugliness and trappings of hopelessness.  People seem to be stuck in the muck of desirelessness.  "Why should I bother with trying, nothing ever works out for me anyway", could be their thinking.  Hopelessness can become a downward spiral driving one deep into the pits of despair.

All my feelings, joy, sadness, anger, fear, and everything else in between need a channel of expression, an outlet.  If not, they become bottled up inside and create tons of volatile pressure capable of destroying me and my world.  And what a shame that would be because I truly believe I am part of the Universal purpose and my body exists in this time and dimension as a conduit for expressing its Desire.  If Desire is part of my nature, then I want to realize all the channels available to me to bring it forth to the world.

There have been many instances in my life where my desire and a positive outcome became perfectly aligned.  One of the earliest memories of that conscious connection was in grade school.  One of my teachers discovered my talent for dance and took a special interest in getting me enrolled in a formal class.  Even though my parents could not afford the lessons, my dance teacher took me on as a student and gave me a scholarship so I could train as a classical ballerina.  She took me on as her protege, working privately with me for many years and, she helped lay down the foundation of what would become my life's endeavor.

Another instance was also connected to my dance.  My ballet teacher, Ms. Stadler, took me to a special class one day at a beautiful studio in Coral Gable, Florida.  I was so impressed by the huge double door entrance and sprawling foyer, the beautiful spiral staircase leading up to the owner's living space, the gorgeous mirrored dance space with bars and lovely hardwood floors, that I was awed by the moment.  I remember thinking, "when I grow up, I want a home just like this with a beautiful studio built right into my house."  That dream came true.  Since then, I've had not one, but two beautiful living spaces where I can step right into my gorgeous dance studio situated right inside my home.

And I can honestly say that having the desire to have children in my life has brought me more joy and happiness than I could have ever imagined.  Just to know of their presence lifts my heart and soul and to see them bring forth their own children is even grander!  Yes, a dancing Grandma!  I'm their "Abba," short for Abuelita, and except for the excessive demands on my energy just to keep up with them, they are the sweetest part of my life.

There are so many examples of how this force of desire is truly powerful.  It makes me think of the adventures and challenges I have experienced throughout my journey with my Costa Rican dream.  The properties I purchased so many years ago were wrought with problems; no infrastructure, a far distance from home, uncooperative people, legal issues, and so much more.  Yet, the dream was bigger and more powerful than the negative forces which pushed and pulled against it.

Today, it is becoming a reality.  We are beginning to build our infrastructure, our neighbor is building his home and I am slowly realizing that my desire is taking form.  It was my desire that created my vision and together, they were the driving force which kept the dream alive.  I was meant to create a retreat in this tropical paradise where I could invite customers, clients, patients, relatives, and friends to bask in a paradise of flora and fauna.  Nothing could have stopped that desire from manifesting.  And it is happening right now!

Desire, keep coming!
Thanks to Oprah and Deepak



Peace, love, namaste,
Clarita

Please share and comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment