Friday, August 3, 2018

Day 10_The Matrix of Manifestation: Focus

This meditation demonstrates how our focus allows us to drill down and get to work on our desires.  It facilitates our drive to concentrate on the task at hand.  We become one with the act, there is no separation between the doer and the doing.  Focusing on what we love is straightforward, but what about when the job is less enjoyable?  Then, the tendency for distraction begins to creep in and we quickly lose our focus.

I remember loving school, for the most part, except for math.  I missed a class in 3rd-grade when our lesson for the day was learning how to carry over numbers.  My grades were always A's until that dreadful day.  When I came back to school after my absence, I had no idea how the teacher was converting a seven to a six by borrowing one (really a ten) from it and giving it to the five, which sat to the right of it, converting the five into fifteen.  That way, we could subtract six from the original five because now, it was fifteen.  We could solve the problem of subtracting a larger number from the smaller one.  What??  Can you manipulate numbers on a whim just to solve the problem?  I did not understand, I missed that lesson!  How did these new rules work?  I could only solve the problems by counting on my fingers!  I didn't get the memo and, the teacher could not or would not explain.

It took me a long time to get up to speed with math.  It became my worst subject, taking my grade on a nose-dive; from an A to an F!  There went my confidence, I shut down, lost my focus and was unable to grasp math for years after that experience.  It wasn't until I took remedial math in 9th grade that I finally had an "ah-ha" moment and things began to shift.  I was able to focus and once again, became willing to learn.

On the contrary, that was not my experience with dance class.  There, I was always focused.  If I didn't understand, I would ask questions.  If I couldn't execute the move correctly, I would try and try again until I mastered and excelled in my technique.  The difference between my fear of numbers and my love of dance was like night and day.  My ability to focus, learn and grow with a subject I was interested in, loved and was fascinated by, created laser focus in my mind.  It allowed me to develop creativity, build strength in my body, bend and mold it into the dancer I am today.

Even though my skills for understanding numbers are nowhere near the level of a mathematician's, they play a crucial part in my success.  The focus of my business is derived from my gift of dance, my desire to be of service and sharing my understanding of health and fitness with others.  The love of dance is what allows me to thrive and make a good living. Teaching others how to take care of the body, mind, and spirit forces me to focus on keeping my books in order.  It forces me to work with those numbers that used to boggle my mind.  I must continuously check my bottom line, determine which aspects of my business bring me the best R.O.I. and have the discipline to decide where to place my money and energy for continued growth.

I believe the Universe can be our best teacher.  Whenever there is a need for us to grow and learn, it provides the vehicle for us to better focus our energies.  We, in cooperation with this Power, can expand our knowledge and understanding in the areas of our lives where we are weakest. Through adversity, we become stronger.  What seems to be our biggest obstacle slowly begins to cooperate with us and starts tearing away at the barriers and distractions which hold us back from our highest purpose.  We become willing to accept the Power within us that moves us towards the light.

Nothing can hold back the heart's desire.  Focus, strength, and determination will push through any obstacle in its way.  The weed that wants to break through to the surface and bathe in the sunlight cannot be stopped; by any means.  Even a slab of concrete cannot tamp it down.  It will find the tiniest crack to break through, and once it does, nature will take its course and help it continue to grow, expand and thrive.

Listen to Deepak and Oprah's meditations here
Share your comments below:

No comments:

Post a Comment